Monday, October 15, 2012

Guest Post on Tori Spelling & Peg Doll Tutorial

Recently I guest posted on Tori Spelling's site, I thought I would share my full peg doll tutorial here in case you missed it! 

What baby gift do you give to a crafty celeb momma of four kids? I wanted my gift to Tori to be personalized, handmade, and inclusive of her newly expanded family. If you enjoy painting, peg dolls are a fun craft to make. There are so many ways to get creative with pegs as cake toppers, Valentines, ornaments, and even necklaces. 

Here is what you will need:

Acrylic Paint
Fine Tip Brushes
Clear Acrylic Sealer 
Wood Pegs sizes 2-3/8" (Dean), 2" (Tori), 1-11/16" (Liam and Stella), and 1-1/8" (Hattie and Finn). 

1. Find an inspiration picture. Use a pencil to draw a simple design on the peg doll. 
2. Start painting the top of the peg. Let each color dry before moving to a new color. 

3. When you have finished painting the entire peg doll, let it dry 1-2 hours. Use an eraser to lightly remove any pencil marks. Place pegs on newspaper and spray the front and back with one coat of acrylic sealer. Let dry, then repeat with a second coat. Place peg doll in a well ventilated room to dry overnight. 

4. Lastly, I created a special keepsake box for the pegs by attaching a chic label {designed by Blush Printables} to a plain white tin from Michaels


  1. Sooo stinking cute!!!! LOVE the photography too Jenny! :)

  2. I love your peg dolls ... and I love the way you packaged that gift!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips