Thursday, October 18, 2012

Bugger Moments In Sports #MajorLeagueMom #spon




My two boys love anything that involve sports. It is a necessary outlet for their tireless amounts energy. They both are just entering the magical ages of playing on organized teams. This is new to us... we've always played pick-up games in our backyard. But now they are learning to play with their peers.


There are so many lessons to learn in sports. The boys are learning patience, compassion, and confidence. Every time they step on that field, they will be require they make their own choices. As parents standing on the sidelines, we hope they make the decision to try their hardest, be respectful to their coach and teammates, and most importantly to believe in themselves.

My youngest is shy, gentle, and sweet. This was his first season of tee-ball. We weren't sure if he was ready for it, but signed him  up anyway. He loved catching and throwing with his daddy during warm ups. When it was his turn to bat, he would always check back to make sure daddy was close by. His last at bat for the season, he hit the ball far, very far for tee-ball standards. He could hardly contain his bashful enthusiasm as he ran the bases. He tagged first base, looked at the mom standing there and yelled, 


I crushed that ball!

That was his moment (and my Kleenex moment for sure). This is his smile. This is why sports will always be an important part of my boys' lives. And that is why I will always be a proud momma, cheering on the sidelines. I will be the one cheering for the little men they are developing into.

Get a Kleenex custom oval BOGO until 11/15/12, just use the code PLAYOFFS at checkout on the Kleenex site. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. 

2 comments:

  1. Love it - so happy our kiddos get to experience these moments together (and us too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having read this I believed it was really enlightening.

    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this short article together.
    I once again find myself personally spending
    a lot of time both reading and commenting. But so
    what, it was still worth it!
    Feel free to surf my web site ; project freedom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips