Monday, September 17, 2012

Halloween Milk Bottles, Full Tutorial From The Party Dress Magazine

I love this time of year when we start discussing Halloween costumes in our house and pull out all our Fall decorations. Here is a Halloween tutorial that I created for the Fall Issue of The Party Dress Magazine.  I used glass milk bottles, but you could easily use paper cups or even water bottles. 


Materials:
Black and Orange Crepe Paper 
Scissors
Sewing Machine
Tape


Directions:
Step 1. Measure and cut a 36" piece from both the black and orange roll. 
Divide the black piece in half, cutting down the center. 

Step 2. Place the black crepe paper in the center of the orange. Pin down the middle to secure.

Step 3. Remove pins and bunch the crepe paper with your fingertips as you sew a straight stitch down the center of your crepe paper. 

Step 4. Cut the sewn crepe paper ruffles into (roughly 9") pieces that fit around the milk bottle. Tape one end of the ruffle directly to the milk bottle, then wrap the ruffle around the bottle and secure with more tape. 

A special thanks to my fabulous vendors:
Glass Milk Bottles: Sweet Lulu
Milk Glass Cake Plate: Mosser Glass
Fondant Oreos: Love & Sugar Kisses


Be sure to check out the latest edition of The Party Dress Magazine (available in online, the App Store, and in print) for lots of fabulous Fall entertaining inspiration from top bloggers, party stylists, and designers. 



30 Days Handmade

4 comments:

  1. Great post Jenny! I was looking for girls dresses when I came across your blog, and I'm happy I did because I love stuff like this. I'm definitely going to give this a try, thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SO fun and festive! Love it! glad to meet you through randi...excited to read through some of your other posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! So fun and festive. I hope you will link this up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.
    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. My weekly linky party--One Creative Weekend--has gone spooky this week in honor of my thirteenth party. If you haven’t already, I hope you’ll visit "One Creative Weekend" on OneCreativeMommy.com (open every Fri-Wed) and link up this idea and anything else you’d like to share. (You can include non-Halloween posts as well, but feel free to link up as many Halloween-themed posts as you like.) There are two categories—one for Halloween and one for everything else.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips