Monday, August 20, 2012

LeapFrog Human Body Discovery Pack #LeapFrogTag #spon

Thank you to LeapFrog for sponsoring this review.  For more information about the LeapFrog Tag Human Body Discovery Pack, please visit their website #LeapFrogTag #spon

My kids were very excited to open the Human Body Discovery PackThe set comes with a two-sided chart, game board, stickers, and interactive growth chart. There are over 300 interactive responses and over 40 learning activities that cover body systems, body facts, health and nutrition. The long, fold out pages caught my eye first, they are so different than a regular book. My 6 year old jumped right in and within 30 minutes he was reciting exactly how the nervous system works, seriously! 

We started with the body systems. The pen navigated my son through the pages by asking him questions and telling him where to go next. I wanted to see if he would ask me for help and he didn't He could open the book and do everything himself. A total win/win for both of us.

The Making Healthy Choices game was awesome-- I watched my son answer questions like "Should you wear a helmet while riding your bike?" So glad to see all our safely lessons paid off. He was thrilled he knew the right answer and it reinforced all the safety lessons we as parents try to teach!

The jumbo sized inside your body chart is so easy to read and learn from. At bath time my son stood up and pointed to his lungs, liver, heart, and phalanges.  Quick no peeking, do you know where your phalanges are?!!!! I love that he was able to figure out where on his own body the organs were located from a 2D model. 

The growth chart was a really nice bonus. It came with 3 sheets of stickers (including glow-in-the-dark bone stickers, a huge hit!) that the kids could also run their Leap pens on! They loved applying the stickers carefully to the correct places. Then we hung up their chart and measured how tall they each were. The growth chart brought all the concepts about healthy living and nutrition full circle. Clearly my son was thinking about this because he announced he was ready for bed. He needed good rest to grow!

The human body is complex and LeapFrog has found a way to make it simple, understandable, and fun. I am astounded by how much information my son absorbed in a short amount of time. Honestly, I never would have thought to buy this book. If I saw this in the store, my son would have steered me to the Scooby Doo or Cars book. This book has sparked an interest in Science for my son and I am so grateful. It has taught me to walk past the character books, he is ready for more advanced topics than I had realized. Our family gives the Human Body Discovery Pack an A+++!

Excited that he won the game with his "healthy choices"

For more information and a behind the scenes video about the Tag Human Body, visit here!

I was selected for this opportunity as a compensated member of Clever Girls Collective and received free product from LeapFrog to review. The content and opinions expressed here are all my own. #LeapFrogTag #spon

0 Post a Comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips