Thursday, August 30, 2012

Kindergarten Blues and Peg Doll Friends

Have you seen the Kindergartner crying when it's time to go into school? Yep, that's my little guy. He is having a hard time adjusting to this all day gig. Yesterday he said it was fun, but didn't want to go back today. Sigh.

I painted a special peg for him to take to school. Something that would fit in his pocket that would remind him to be brave, fearless, and confident. Yes, for 6 year old boys Lego Ninjago characters are the way to go. So far it has helped him. Full day Kindergarten is a big change, I feel better knowing he has a little piece of home with him (the Ninja was even tucked in his right hand during pictures). 

How do you help your kids transition back to school?

Do you know someone that might like a peg doll?  I do make and sell custom pegs! Visit my peg page for lots of pictures and more information. 


  1. So sweet! I hope he adjusts soon!!! Sending you big hugs :)

  2. What a great idea! Im so sorry he is having a hard time. Kindergarten is such a big adjustment. My twins started kindergarten this year too and one if them is having a hard time. On the second day he announced he was never, ever, EVER going back!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips