Saturday, May 5, 2012

{Get Your Craft On} Paper Lantern Fishing Bobbers

If you follow me on Facebook or Instragram, you might have seen a sneak peek at my latest project, paper lantern fishing bobbers. They are part of my submission to the Spaceships and Laserbeams Boy Bash on a Budget Challenge. With only $20 to spend on my vintage fishing tablescape, I had to get crafty.



Materials:
$1 Battery Operated Paper Lanterns from the Dollar Tree 
Red Spray Paint
Masking Tape
Newspaper

Directions:
 1. Tape a layer of masking tape around the middle of your paper lantern. Press firmly to seal well. 


2. Cover top half of lantern with newspaper, securing with masking tape. 


3. Spread extra newspaper on the ground. Hold the paper lantern by the hook over the newspaper and evenly spray paint the bottom half of the lantern. Hang by the hook and let dry. Repeat with an additional coat of spray painted if needed. 


4. When dry (15-20 minutes), peel off both layers of masking tape. 


They look great grouped together!


Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. great idea! I am definitely going to try and spray paint lantern this weekend - need strong orange ones - the paint looks awesome above!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stinkin' cute and creative! I love seeing what you come up with. And for $1?! Gotta get thee to Dollar Tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so great! There's no end to your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! Budget friendly and so easy. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'd love for you to add it on my link party at: http://printabelle.com/?p=3188 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, LOVE this craft. Fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad and husband are going fishing on Father's Day - this might have to be one of our decorations! Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips