Thursday, May 31, 2012

DIY: Nautical Party Table Projects {Part 2}

Yesterday, I shared a tutorial on making a cake plate out of a pie tin. Today I thought it might be fun to show you more DIY elements from the Nautical 1st Birthday theme I styled for Bird's Party Magazine.  I love a good DIY project, so I tackled making the gold cake plates, cake, high chair captain's wheel, peg dolls, a gold number one, and some monkey fist nautical knots. 

Gettysburg Address Plate and Candlestick

Hand Painted Peg Doll named Sam

My attempt at ruffled frosting, not completely terrible for a first try

Don't ask how many hours of online knot tying tutorials
it took me to learn the monkey fist nautical rope knots, way too many


  1. What a great nautical party! You added such great detail. I think your ruffles turned out pretty darn good! Thanks for sharing!

  2. That peg doll is quite a charmer for a pirate!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips