Friday, April 20, 2012

Nautical First Birthday Party {Featured in Bird's Party Magazine}



Party Inspiration: I was incredibly honored when Bird asked me to contribute to Issue 5 of Bird's Party Magazine. Choosing a theme could not have been easier as my sister-in-law had already fallen in love with Bird's nautical collection for my nephew's 1st birthday. I just adore this collection and knew we had a lot of beautiful bold patterns and colors to work with. So I got right to work!


Colors: Red, shades of blue, and accents of gold and rope. I tied nautical rope around the cake plates and made nautical rope into knots to hold food labels. There were accents of gold on the fondant toppers, cake plates, Mylar tassels, and dessert sticks. 




Desserts: The dessert table was filled with beautiful nautical inspired treats. Maria of Love and Sugar Kisses created the most unbelievable nautical rope (monkey's first knots) cake pops out of fondant. She also created the sailboat topper for the smash cake. The beautiful captains wheel, sailboat, and anchor fondant cupcake toppers were made by Edible Details. As always her work and attention to detail is perfection. 


The birthday boy waiting for cake while wearing a custom birthday hat and sailor suit. 



I even found water bottles that matched the waves in the invitation, how fun is that?


Special nautical cookies were designed by Bambella Cookie Boutique. Each cookie was meticulously adorned with nautical waves, buntings, and stripes to match the details of the collection.   



Favor Table: The favor table displayed sea glass candy, cookies, and chocolate covered Oreos for our guests to take home.  Of course we had to showcase the birthday boy some more with a birthday photo banner and anchor shaped ribbon wreath.





Guests signed a copy of Robert McCloskey's Time of Wonder to add to his growing book collection. The birthday boy told his favorite Aunt Jenny (through lots of giggles and smiles) how much he appreciated his very special first birthday celebration! We know for sure that the little man truly enjoys cake!


Random Fun Party Facts: 
1. The real life version of the little red Nantucket boat on the table is actually docked in Newport, RI, only miles from the birthday boy's house. I found that boat for $.25 at a thrift store near my house in PA! 
2. The ruler on the table is actually my kiddos growth chart
3. I made two of the gold cake plates on the dessert table. One cake plate is made from an Abe Lincoln plate with the Gettysburg Address written on it and the second cake plate is made from a pie tin. 
4. And last random fact, the pirate peg doll's name is Sam. 

A huge thank you to all the mega talented ladies who helped me pull this party together! I hope you will visit their shops and use the vendor credits below as a resource shopping for your next party. They are the best of the best at what they do!

Party Sources:
Photographer: Allison Kaharick 
Nautical Party Printables: Bird's Party
Cupcake Toppers: Edible Details
Nautical Rope Cake Pops and Cake Topper: Love and Sugar Kisses
Tassel Garland: The Flair Exchange
Red Rose Chocolate Covered Oreos: Sweet Temptations
Sea Glass Candy: Candied Cakes
Melamine Plate: Magnolia Creative Co.
Birthday Hat: Prop Shop Boutique
Stamped Spoons and Treat Sticks: The Papered Nest
Anchor Ribbon Wreath: She's {kinda} Crafty
12 Month Photo Banner: Stampin' Fanatic
Balloons: Polka Dot Market

15 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are sharing the full post, I was just thinking about it this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the knots and that anchor party hat is so adorable! Stacy is now making her wreaths into shapes? Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Jenny...are you kidding me? This party is AMAZING! What a gorgeous gorgeous job you did...my birthday is in November...you can start planning my party now, mmmkay? (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a beautiful party! I love those rope knots how creative!! Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anchors away, Jenny! LoVe the details...especially the Random Facts! Maria's Rope Cake Pops put the wind in my sails! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every single detail--stunning! I know you DIY most of your parties, just like me, so what a treat it must have been to showcase all these professional vendors! Lucy girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, this is amazing! What a fabulous party!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing the details from the party. Love the rope cake pops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love every single thing about this party. I am still dying over those cake pops. This is the perfect sweet theme for a little baby boy's 1st party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, I loved this party!! Love the theme and the way you styled with nautical rope not to mention the most awesome cake pops ever by Maria! Absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am thinking for the sailor theme for our son's first birthday, and this is great inspiration!! Everything is so detailed and simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please tell me where you got the custom made sailor suit from? Thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard about nautical theme party and didn't know that this theme party could be so lovable. Really creative.I liked that ship cake with nautical rope tied around it.
    To know more interesting kid's theme parties and birthday party costumed characters visit Party Princess Productions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips