Friday, March 16, 2012

Vintage Suitcase Invitation {A Military Welcome Home Party}

I have to gush for a minute about my favorite designers Do and J of Piggy Bank Parties. Their talent for creating, illustrating, and styling is astounding. They always exceed my expectations. I never worry about the quality of their products because they are perfectionists. They spend more time and effort on each project than they really should to make each design, each party perfect, flawless, and completely original.

If you are throwing a party, you must check out their shop. With their printable collections, you can throw a major party on a minor budget!

I sent Do and J some ideas for a Welcome Home party for a dear friend returning home to his family after 3 tours of duty. I really wanted this to be special, yet simple and masculine. I was blown away by the finished product.


My friend chose the theme "The Road Home", as it symbolized the journey her family has been on for the last 18 months. We decided to use vintage suitcases and luggage tags for this party.

Vintage Suitcase Invitation

We added this quote as a luggage tag tied with twine to the invitation:

No matter which road you take 
they all lead home. 
Know that now 
and it will make all the difference...
 then. 
-Raphie Frank

I will share more pictures after the party!

2 comments:

  1. {sniffle. sniffle.} I'm cryin' happy tears from your incredibly sweet post. Thanks for being one of our loudest cheerleaders and for allowing us to share in so many special moments of your life! Sending the biggest {HoGs and KiSSes} today!

    ...and Happy Dancin', too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like some favor boxes I know of! GORGEOUS! How are we always on the same wavelength? It's weird.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips