Monday, October 17, 2011

A Penn State Tailgate & Vocal Point RSVP Party

I always enjoy crisp Fall homecoming weekends at Penn State.
This year we could not sneak away for the big game, 
so I set up a tailgate at home. 
It's {almost} like being there. 


Vocal Point sent me some tailgate goodies 
to test out Chiquita's newest product, ripe and ready avocados!


I've never bought fresh avocados, so I knew this would be an adventure for me. 


I taped 2" party circle Football Printables from Anders Ruff
to push up pop containers filled with BLUE and WHITE peppermint patty pieces
 (major score because they are much cheaper than custom M&Ms!)

Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad
Recipe Found here

Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad in Avocados
Recipe found here (I omitted the jalapenos)


For any Penn State fans out there, this is my tribute to Joe Paterno, Head Coach of the Nittany Lions since 1966.
I get chills every time he runs out on the field. 


Thank you Vocal Point and Go Penn State!

Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. I hope you are sharing think on the Tailgate Throwdown!
    http://tailgatethrowdown.blogspot.com/2011/08/link-up-here.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! How perfect that that peppermint patty pieces fit your color scheme...score ;) Oh and I also happen to LOVE avocado so thanks for the recipes too!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to my blog, did you like the mozzarella, avocado, and tomato salad?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the push up pop containers. Awesome idea on the peppermint patty candies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Please post this, and anything else you may have,in my link party at
    http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really helps you understand the basics of Photoshop. It was really helpful that you have broke it down in steps.custom logo design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome information. I am really surprised with this topic. Keep up the good work and post more here to read. Business Logo Design

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips