Friday, July 22, 2011

Party Swap Friday {Camping Features & Request for Party Activities}

Last week's Party Swap Friday, I asked readers to share some camping ideas. Randi from Dukes and Duchesses has FIVE kids and has thrown every type of party (and ridiculously cute ones at that)-- including camping!

Camp Dukes Campout Party




Party Highlights: 
  • Party invitation in the shape of a tent
  • Great use of out door materials such as wood, pine cones, & rocks
  • Camp fire cupcakes
  • Camp Dukes just has a nice ring, doesn't it? I love all the Camp Dukes signs
Thanks for letting me share! For more party pictures and details, visit Dukes and Duchesses blog

Melanna of Rhapsody of Cacophony shared her latest party as well. 
This Teddy Bear Picnic Party is so super cute!



Party Highlights:
  • Loads of activities from a paw print hunt, crafting bear ears, ball pit, parachute games, and ribbon pull bee hive pinata
  • Picnic style lunch
  • Adorable Invitation in the shape of a bear
  • Tons of teddy bear party decorations and foods
Melanna, your party is SO inspiring and fun! Thanks for letting me share. For more party details, visit Rhapsody of Cacophony 

Speaking of activities, our next party swap Friday feature is all about ACTIVITIES!  A reader is looking for party activities for her 4 year old in late November. So please share some ideas in the comments below. I'd love to feature YOUR ideas next week!




Party Swap Fridays are now YOUR day to:

  • ASK for party help (maybe a question about a choosing a theme, dessert, or invitation)
  • Showcase a great party TIP you have
  • Share a favorite Pinterest PIN
  • Share a LINK to a great party you've thrown
  • READERS helping other READERS- chime in and share with us

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing my camping party!

    Two activities we've done for younger parties are a sticker scavenger hunt (hide stickers that match your party theme and have the kids find them ... younger kids love this) and pass the parcel (if you google this, I'm sure you can see details).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are 2 great parties!! I think I am ready to finish up my planning details! Thanks so much Jenny for all the inspiration! I have too much to live up to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some fun activities we did at my daughter's Strawberry Shortcake party included making jam, decorating strawberry buckets (for a strawberry scavenger hunt) and a bean bag toss complete with strawberry shaped bean bags. http://gigglesgalorenmore.blogspot.com/2011/02/strawberry-shortcake-party.html

    I have young kids so I like to keep it simple and tend to use "old school" activities like sack races and simple crafts. I've made burlap sacks and reuse them with new variations like our "bunny hop" http://gigglesgalorenmore.blogspot.com/2011/04/easter-egg-hunt-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of those log pieces as display pedestals in the camping party! And I love that both parties incorporate such fun activities kids are sure to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are great!!!! can't wait to try some of these!! :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips