Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Raindrop Cupcake Tutorial

A few people have asked how I made the Raindrop Cupcakes for the April Showers Birthday Party, so I thought it would be fun to show you. The inspiration for these came from a picture I saw on Pinterest, made by Bake It in a Cake. As you will see, they really are quite easy to make!

  • White Cake Mix
  • White Frosting (whipped preferred)
  • Blue Sprinkles (I bought mine here)
  • Blue Food Coloring
  • Cupcake Liners
  • Toothpicks
  • Umbrella Toppers

Step 1. Pour 1/3 of cake batter into a separate bowl.  Add blue food coloring drops to achieve desired puddle color

Step 2. Pour blue cake batter into bottom third of cupcake tins (it was easier to show you without cupcake liners in the tins)

Step 3. Pour sprinkles into remaining white cake batter, stir

Step 4. Pour sprinkle cake batter into cupcake tins (on top of the blue cake batter)

Step 5. Bake and cool. Prepare white frosting. 
Step 6. Frost cupcakes using a knife to create wispy, cloud like peaks

Step 7. Add umbrellas. I printed the umbrella template on the back of scrapbook paper. Cut out umbrellas, taped to toothpicks (either position umbrella straight up and down or at an angle. I did it both ways to show you-- angled in the very top picture and straight in the last picture). 

 Your guests will be delightfully surprised what they find inside!

I am linking here:

Pure Joy Events button


  1. hum..esse bolinho deve ser uma delicia, só de ver já da aguá na boca!

  2. Thanks! those are so super cute, and I never would have guessed the raindrops were so simple to do!

  3. these are so cute! wow! Great job! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!

  4. These are adorable!! I love that you have the pictures for the step by step! I'm now a follower!

  5. Raindrop cupcakes are really so adorable.Too cute to eat.Thanks for sharing this tutorial.

    Party Princess Productions


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips