Tuesday, June 28, 2011

{Craft Time} American Flag Craft, by the book

I had this idea to use books to make a flag for my mantel. What do you think? Was it worth the 3 flights of stairs to the attic?


You will need lots of books. I tried to find bigger books that matched in size for the red and white stripes and thinner books for the stars. 


 I wrapped them in red, white, and blue tissue paper. 
Glued on stars made out of old book pages and stacked the books. 


For a different look, try separating the books 
(I can't decide which I like better)


Like the glittery star burlap bunting?  I was the lucky winner of the Funky ShiQue giveaway over at Midwestern {Sewing} Girl last week. I am totally in love with it. Thank you Maggie!

{FREEBIE} Print Sources:

God Bless America print: Landee See, Landee Do
4th of July Circles: Pluff Mud Studio

Linking to: Itsy Bitsy Paper :: Thirty Days Handmade :: Tatertots and Jello

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Party Circles! You are one lucky blog reader! Maybe you should post some tips for winning giveaways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the books idea - i like them put together - never would have thought of it
    Jennifer
    www.bigdandme.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for linking up to my Red, White and Blue Linky Party!

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips