Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Lesson of Loss | Good Things Fall Apart So Better Things Can Fall Together



I debated whether to share such personal news on the blog today. But my hubby did say it was okay to share with friends, and I consider us all friends now. In the spirit of keeping it real, and for you to know me better I am sharing.


A few weeks ago, I found out we were expecting baby #3.
Life was so busy we hadn't stopped to celebrate the news yet. 
So when I started spotting, I didn't think too much of it. 
Until I called the doctor and they wanted to see me immediately. 
Now it was time to finally push all other priorities aside.
The ultrasound didn't look good.
I waited and waited for the doctor to come in. 
He warned me what my weekend plans were about to become.
And this weekend I miscarried at 8 weeks.
I am ok, the body is amazing and is working hard to be ok to.
What is meant to be is meant to be. 
I am thankful for the two beautiful, mischievous little faces that insist we continue playing on.




A fresh start is allowed. 
Some breathing space and new perspective.
I feel more connected to my body.
I feel more connected to my own sisters, friends, and strangers who have lived this loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with all those who need it right now. 
And know that you are not alone. 


I love these words by Marilyn. They speak to me now more than ever before. 





It's Written on the Wall Shop


post signature

9 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Jenny. I am giving you a big virtual hug and you're in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. My heart is breaking for you and your family! I had a miscarriage between my two sons (actually it was more like we had to check back every week for a month to see if the baby had died) so I know how unbelievably hard this can be.

    But trying to find all that is positive in such a painful, emotional experience, it does make every laugh that dibbles from your children's lips shine that much brighter and every hug that they bestow upon you that much more precious.

    I am sending tons of positive, sunny energy your way and big virtual hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, but what an important lesson to share with the rest of us. Life is what it is meant to be. Enjoy the good, mourn the bad and realize that all the in betweens are how you can tell the difference! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. You know Mike and I completely understand what you and Matt are going through, unfortunately. Please don't hesitate to lean on me (us) if you need to. Find all that is good in your life and hold on to that and those memories and feelings. Those two sweet boys are the perfect place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Jenny, you and your family are in our prayers. Thank you for being so vulnerable and sharing real moments we experience in life. Wishing you sunshine after the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for you loss. Losing a child is so very painful. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Wishing you peace, love, and laughter with your two cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny, I am so sorry. You're a strong woman to share this personal experience and your boys are blessed to have you as their mom. Wishing you sunny days ahead!
    xo,
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips