Sunday, May 15, 2011

Get Your Craft On | DIY Pipe Cleaner Bubble Wands

Today's Bubble Party idea is about party favors!  I love this idea on Pinterest and wanted to make my own version. If you read regularly, you probably have figured out that my craft style is cheap, easy, and personalized!

Pipe Cleaner Letter 
Bubble Wands

Here's how I made them:

1. I printed the labels from Merriment Design, there is a great tutorial offered
2. Printed out the letters I wanted to create using Word (font Arial size 200, a wide font is better)
3. Twisted 2 pipe cleaners together and bent them to the size of the bubble wand. I twisted the ends to make sure no pipe cleaner wires were poking out.



4. Trace the shape of the letter with the pipe cleaner with upper portion of pipe cleaner (bottom becomes the wand)


5. Pinch ends together by twisting and making sure no wires poke out


6. Attach to bubble container using string, yarn, or bakers twine.

Most importantly, we tested them to make sure they work. And yes, they really do!  They hold a lot of bubble solution and make nice big bubbles!

post signature
Linking to:
Craft-O-Maniac
Running with Glitter
Thirty Handmade Days
Pinkapotamus
Sun Scholars
Funky Polkadot Giraffe

6 comments:

  1. What a CUTE idea :0) The look on little mans face is pretty priceless too

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute and sweet idea. I will have to try it.

    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those would make such cute classmate gifts or favors! What a great idea!


    I would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Come join the fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute would those be for party favors?! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids always lose the wands, so this will really come in handy! Please come and link up at Fun for Kids Friday www.localfunforkids.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soo adorable! Love that you personalized them into each letter! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips