Friday, April 1, 2011

Cake Ball Disaster

I have a new respect for bakers like Bakerella and Terri's Treasures

We tried to make cake balls.




We were doing great 
until we dipped them in chocolate...

FAIL !!!!

I have a whole new level of respect for the professionals that make this look so easy...

by Terri's Treasures via Paper and Cake
Bakerella

Our melted chocolate was full of cake crumbs, 
one bag of Wilton's chocolate was not enough.

Anyone have advice for me?  

Clearly I need help
 and a very detailed tutorial on dipping : )

post signature

6 comments:

  1. LOL, you are sooo cute and I am flattered to be in the same sentence as Bakerella! Shoot me an email anytime with questions, terri@terrispartytreasures.com
    My first ones didn't look good either so don't worry about it, I'll bet they still tasted good and you still ate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know if I'd call that a failure.. your little guys look like they don't care!!! hee hee hee....

    You could always "say" they turned out beautifully and this was just an APRIL FOOL'S joke!!!...Hmmmm....

    I sent out your "package" today...hope you have a great party!!!

    "April Showers bring May Flowers!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... you just confirmed my fear. I was going to make cakepops for an upcoming wedding shower... I might just need to do some extra research into proper form ;) I bet they tasted good though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny.....

    I just wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway from Pixie Pixels! Can you please contact me....

    btw, your goodies look as yummy as the professionals!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and I'm your newest follower! My first attempt at cake balls was pretty unsuccessful too... mine were a big gloppy mess!
    xo,
    Laurie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips