Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ten Minute Handmade & Personalized Baby Shower Gift

Remember this post about bookplates?

Well, I love them and knew I wanted to make them as gifts for a twins baby shower next month. Thought I would show you how to make a personalized, handmade gift in less than 10 minutes.

First, I knew I wanted to use these GORGEOUS bookplates from Amanda over at Our Humbled A{Bowe}d. Amanda has an amazing knack for style and design. You must check out her shop and her blog!


I saved them to my computer, opened them in Picnick, and added my text. I could have just added text from Picasa, but I am a bit of a font snob and wanted more choices. I then printed my bookplates on sticker paper (I like Avery full sheet labels).  I added pencil lines as guides to cut out the bookplates. It was such a bonus to have TEN bookplates on each page. Thank you Amanda, genius!

Presentation is everything. So I re (or up?) cycled an old candle box. I added a bookplate to the cover so they could see right away what was inside. I finished the project by wrapping the bookplates in twine around tucking them into some creamy brown tissue paper.





Personalized bookplates & a favorite children's book,
now you have the perfect baby shower gift!

I'm still deciding on a book...  do you have any favorites?




post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, Jenny! Such a great gift idea. Glad you were able to put the design to good use :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite books (for a mom) I'll Love You Forever.
    For the babes--I love dr seuss
    great give idea!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips