Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pigs, Pigs, and Baby Showers

There are little pigs and big pigs,
pigs with long snouts and pigs with short snouts,
pigs with ears that stand up and pigs with ears that flop down.
But all pigs are beautiful.

-All Pigs are Beautiful book by Dick King-Smith


My SIL LOVES pigs, so I have thrown some ideas together for her upcoming baby shower.  I am thinking gingham or polka dot silhouettes of blue pigs. Lots of various (navys and baby blue) fabrics, vintage and country fair feel.  As I am sure you can guess, the guest of honor-to-be is a boy!

Love the fabric garland, picnic baskets, and love this animal cracker display!

She adores children's books, so I would like to incorporate this hanging book idea near a bookshelf where guests can place their book gifts.

I am redoing a bookshelf for this purpose. It's primed and ready for paint. Here is the before. I will post the after as soon as I finish it. The amazing Amanda from Our Humbled A{Bowe}d  has shared some tips with me to help me get started. She is an expert with colors and demo! Wait till you see the print Amanda sells in her Etsy shop that matches the color theme perfectly!


Demo started right here with these plastic dividers!

Stay tuned... and would love your opinions and ideas!

Photo Credits:
Pig cookies: sweetopia.net
P is for Pig
Candle, clotheslinem, and paper garland. & animal crackers:
Hanging books: pottery barn
Pig invite:
Invite:
Rag garland: oncewed.com
Picnic basket: delish.com
Gingham Pig: thefairground.co.uk



2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see the end result! I'm happy to be able to help, even from afar. Happy painting :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jenny...just sent you an email!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips